Know Before You Go
Our visitor policies are designed to keep visitors and staff safe and secure and to preserve the facility and historic buildings. Visitors must follow the direction of the federal police officers while on Bureau property. Anyone found in violation of Bureau policies as written or explained by the tour guides, will be escorted off the premises by a federal police officer.
All visitors to the Tour and Visitor Center are subject to security screening. Visitors are screened by a magnetometer.
If the following items are found during the security screening, the items may be confiscated by a federal police or visitors may be asked to leave the building with the items.
- Liquid containers, including water*
- Food or beverages of any kind, including fruit and unopened packaged food*
- Aerosol containers
- Non-aerosol spray**
- Electric stun guns, martial arts weapons, or devices
- Guns, replica guns, ammunition, and fireworks
- Knives of any size
- Mace and pepper spray
- Razors, box cutters, and other sharp pointed items
*Permitted if liquid and food are in a closed and sealed airtight container and/or wrapped packages.
**Permitted if prescribed for medical needs.